Grade one to 12 years
The After School Club is a program that provides an enriching environment with fun activities, especially designed to enhance the development and self esteem of school age children. With a club-like feel to the program, children gain independence and have the freedom to learn more about what interests them.
The After School Program encourages choices from a variety of fun, hands-on, age appropriate activities. There are opportunities for socialization, various sports and physical activity, creative expression, time to work on homework, and other special activities depending on the time of year or the theme of the month.
The After School Club is open for full days on PA days, March Break and part of Christmas Break. During July and August, Summer Camp begins! This fully packed activity camp, keeps these children busy! Every day is planned with either a visitor to share a hobby, or craft skills, sports, science experiments, baking opportunities, sensory fun, and on and on.
- Arts and Crafts: Your child will have fun experimenting, expressing their unique ideas and building confidence with a wide range of materials.
- Computer Zone: The children enjoy a quiet time on their own or with a friend. Having exposure to computers builds computer literacy and reinforces academic skills by using educational software.
- Active or Outside Zones: At the end of a structured school day, children need to move their bodies and clear their minds. Your child will enjoy physical activities by joining in on a group activity or free play. The ASC makes use of the playground at the Public School or uses the basketball hoops and climbers at the daycare.
- Homework Station: With the social lives of our older children getting more demanding, and evenings getting shorter and shorter, the ASC has an area where children can work on homework.
- Dramatic Play: By acting out familiar events from their lives or by using their always-expanding imaginations children explore language and social skills by playing and cooperating with others. Children are apart of the process of setting up and taking down of different dramatic centers. This opportunity gives the children to give input to the types of props and items they wish to play with a certain dramatic setting. Some of the various dramatic setting that your child will enjoy are ‘Space Ship’, ‘The Grocery Store’, ‘The Bank’, ‘Santa’s Work Shop’, ‘The Pet Store’, ‘The Hair Dresser’, ‘Summer Camp Site’, the possibilities are endless!
Typical School Age Program Schedule
- 7:00 Arrival and Breakfast time, Free Play
- 7:30 and 8:00 Bus Pick-up
- 8:30 Morning Snack
- 9:00 Dismiss children to Pakenham School
This program is closed while the children are in school. For full day programs, see our ‘Summer Camp’ page.
- 3:15 Meet Children at Pakenham School, Bus Drop Off
- 3:20 Afternoon Snack is available
- 4:00 Bus Drop Off
- 4:15 Outdoor for gross motor activities (weather permitting)
- 4:45 Indoors for quiet group / individual activities as selected by child
- 5:30 Tidy up, get ready for home